You have 141,000+ career coaches to choose from. Why should you work with me?
I am a trusted confidant to some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley.
The vast majority of my business comes by word-of-mouth and referrals because I deliver results over and over again. My current and former coaching clients include:
- C-suite executives (including CEO, CFO, CAO, CCO, COO, CMO, CHRO, CIO, CTO, CISO, and CRO) and senior business leaders (EVPs, SVPs, VPs, Heads, and Directors) at Fortune 100 and Global Fortune 500 companies (both tech and non-tech), hypergrowth startups (pre-IPO, PE-back, and VP-backed), large privately held companies, publicly traded companies, and multinational conglomerates
- Executives and consultants at McKinsey, BCG, Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, EY, Booz Allen Hamilton, and IBM, among other top consulting firms
- Coaches, songwriters, producers, and strategic partners to Simon Biles, Ellen DeGeneres, Jamie Foxx, Machine Gun Kelly, Usher, Meghan Trainor, 5 Seconds of Summer, Linkin Park, Lil Dicky, and other artists and A-list celebrities
- Current and former direct reports of Mark Zuckerberg (Meta), Reed Hastings (Netflix), Gary Vaynerchuk (VaynerMedia), Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and other household names
I specialize in high tech, Silicon Valley, and storytelling.
I know high tech and Silicon Valley inside out because I have spoken one-to-one with recruiters and hiring managers at nearly every Fortune 100/500 company. As a result, my clients have landed jobs at Meta, LinkedIn, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, you name it.
I am one of only a handful of millennials accepted into the invite-only Forbes Coaches Council. I am a proud member of the Gay Coaches Alliance and was invited to serve on the organization’s Conference Program Committee. Additionally, I serve as a Stability Leader with The Stability Network, a growing movement of people in the workforce speaking out about their mental health challenges to inspire others.
I am a trusted career expert with features in dozens of leading publications, including Business Insider, CNBC, CNN, Fast Company, Forbes, Fortune, Glassdoor, Ladders, The Muse, and The New York Times. I am an expert blogger for Career Directors International and a member of The Stability Network’s esteemed mental health blogging team.
As a professional speaker, I regularly present to Fortune 100/500 companies, hyper-growth startups, and universities on professional development, personal branding, and mental health in the workplace.
I hold a Doctor of Education in Educational Practice and Leadership. My dissertation centered on mental health and storytelling.
I will teach you how to rethink, reimagine, and recreate your career — and your life.
I am not for everybody. I run an application-only coaching practice because I am crystal clear on my Zone of Genius.
My Zone of Genius is connecting the dots between where you are and where you want to go. Most often, this is connecting the dots between your career story (and fabulousness) and the companies and positions you are targeting in your job search.
People hire me because I have the unique ability to help them slice through their limiting beliefs and own their fabulousness.
I empower you to rethink, reimagine, and recreate how you tell your career story, show up at work, and live your life.
I am deeply committed to your success.
I have a single goal when I coach you — to create a space where you can achieve what you never imagined possible. I want you to believe in yourself as much as I believe in you. You are truly fabulous and you deserve to own it.
After telling me your biggest goals and dreams, as well as what is holding you back from achieving them, I help you see inside yourself, slice through your limiting beliefs, and own your fabulousness. We craft a plan — together — to achieve what seems impossible.
Coaching is my craft, my calling, and one of my greatest joys in life. The only thing I love more than coaching is coffee. And, of course, Disneyland.
Oh, yeah, I am a proud Disneyland Legacy Passholder.
With every client (that includes you!), I deliver a “Disneyland Experience” — a fun, memorable, one-of-a-kind experience you cannot find anywhere else.
While your results will vary from past clients, they will be anything but ordinary. That’s my promise to you.
Kyle was amazing to work with!
His process helps connect what makes you fabulous with what jobs and recruiters are looking for. I utilized his Career Coach services and I have never felt firmer in my career goals and how to get there. By the time I was done working with him I found the work-from-home job I was looking for in tech… I recommend working with Kyle if you are feeling unsure of your career path or if you’re sure of your career path and looking to stand out in a sea of applicants. Kyle was organized, flexible, and empathetic to the job hunting process. He will never fit you into a mold but will design sessions around what will benefit you the most.”
A Few Reasons To Choose Dr. Elliott As Your Career Coach
Dr. Kyle Elliott is a trusted confidant to some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley, high tech, and the world. Below are a handful of reasons that top executives trust Dr. Elliott with their job searches, careers, and lives.
- Silicon Valley career coach and interview coach trusted by more than 1,000 clients (click here for verified testimonials from former clients)
- Career expert featured in dozens of leading publications, including Business Insider, CNBC, CNN, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Forbes, Fortune, Glassdoor, The Muse, and The New York Times
- Award-winning job search expert: Named Best Career Coach & Interview Coach and Best Resume Writer for Silicon Valley/Tech Managers & Executives by Career Sidekick, Top Career Coach by Noveresume.com, Top Job Search Expert to Follow on LinkedIn for 2021 and Top Job Search Expert to Follow on LinkedIn for 2019 (Honorable Mention) by Jobscan, and LinkedIn Top Voice for Job Search & Careers by LinkedIn (the platform's highest honor); recipient of the 2022 Career Innovator Award (Honorable Mention) from Career Directors International
- Fortune 500 professional speaker for national and global audiences, including Unilever, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, and LinkedIn
- Business mentor to fellow resume writers and career service providers: Selected from 600+ National Résumé Writer (NRWA) members to co-found, develop, and facilitate the NRWA Business Growth Lab, a first-of-its-kind group business coaching program presented by the only nonprofit association for resume writers
- Focused on results: Clients have landed jobs at Meta, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google, Microsoft, AWS, LinkedIn, PayPal, Salesforce, Oracle, IBM, Sony, Workday, TikTok, Riot Games, VMware, DocuSign, DuPont, and hundreds of other Fortune 100/500 companies as well as hyper-growth startups; they have also found happiness
- Deep industry connections: Built one-to-one relationships with thousands of recruiters and hiring managers across high tech, Silicon Valley, and the globe
- Actively involved in 5+ coaching, resume writing, and human resources associations: Official member of the invitation-only Forbes Coaches Council; founding member of TroopHR; expert blogger for Career Directors International; Associate with Career Thought Leaders; Verified Vendor with Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM); and active member of the Gay Coaches Alliance, National Résumé Writers' Association, and Hacking HR
- Highly educated: Doctor of Education (EdD) Candidate, Graduate Certificate in College Teaching, Master of Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science (BS) in Health Education & Counseling, and graduate courses in counseling and multicultural human relations
- Multi-certified in behavior change, storytelling, and careers: Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) with the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc., Living Proof Advocacy Certification with Living Proof Advocacy, Strong Interest Inventory® Certified with The Myers-Briggs Company, MBTI Inventory® Practitioner with The Myers-Briggs Company, Level 1 - Explorer Certification with Points of You®, and Level 2 - Facilitator Certification (in progress) with Points of You®
- Trained by the best: Completed Successful Strengths Coaching with Gallup®
- Disneyland Legacy Passholder & Disney Magic Key Holder: If we are not having FUN, what's the point?!
I was lucky enough to work with Kyle last year and I can’t even put into words the difference that Kyle made in my job search!
Kyle is one of the most amazing humans you will ever meet, after being in a slump and burnt out during my pandemic job search Kyle reminded me of all the great things that made me an awesome candidate. Kyle has perfected the process and it makes working with him so easy, from the prework to the phone calls that feel like you’re just chatting with a friend, he gathers all the information necessary to really tailor your resume to showcase your experience for the positions that you’re applying for. If you’re looking for a Coach that is going to really get to know you and help you get your dream job, you’ve found him!”
—Viviana Jackelin Mendoza
Let me tell you about the clients I serve.
They’re fabulous, too!
Kyle’s career coaching is unparalleled in the industry…
My career path has been diverse, including sales, business development and marketing leadership roles, in multiple segments of healthcare and IT… Using his process, Kyle was able to help me see my experience through a completely different lens and summarize my career in a compelling, concise story. He is personable, friendly, patient and a pleasure to work with! The investment in his services was a no-brainer and has paid dividends 10x’s over.”