While it is impossible to prepare for every job search interview question out there, having a bulleted response prepared for the following common interview questions can improve your interview performance and chances of landing a job you LOVE (or at least tolerate).
Here are 33 common questions to help you prepare for your next job interview:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why do you want to work for our company?
3. Why are you interested in this role specifically?
4. What excites you most about the job posting of the role you’re applying to?
5. What excites you least about the job posting of the role you’re applying to?
6. What are your biggest strengths?
7. What are your greatest areas of opportunity?
8. What from your career are you most proud of?
9. What makes you unique? (KYLE’S VARIATION: What makes you fabulous?)
10. What are you passionate about?
11. What do you do in your free time?
12. Tell me about a time you demonstrated leadership.
13. Tell me about a time you took initiative.
14. Tell me about a time you thought outside the box.
15. Tell me about a time you made an unpopular decision.
16. Tell me about a time you had a major setback.
17. Tell me about a mistake you made.
18. What steps do you take before making a decision?
19. How do you stay organized?
20. How do you prioritize competing priorities and deadlines?
21. How do you set goals?
22. How do you handle ambiguity?
23. How do you handle stress?
24. What do you look for in a supervisor?
25. What role do you typically take on a team?
26. Tell me something that is not on your resume.
27. What is your working style?
28. How would your current colleagues describe you?
29. Where do you see yourself in five years?
30. How do you practice professional development?
31. What questions do you have for us?
32. What are your salary expectations?
33. When can you start?