Hello! I’m Dr. Kyle Elliott. Let me share with you a bit about myself and what makes me fabulous.
I started my career coaching business on Fiverr.
I charged 5 bucks to review resumes and write LinkedIn profiles to sustain my soy, sugar-free vanilla latte addiction in college.
Fast forward 10+ years and 1,000+ one-to-one clients later…
I am now a trusted confidant to some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley. I never imagined my college side hustle would turn into a multi-six-figure high tech career and executive coaching practice.
I’ve been featured in Business Insider, CNBC, CNN, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Forbes, Fortune, Glassdoor, The Muse, and The New York Times, among dozens of other leading publications.
As a high tech career coach, mental health advocate, and human, I am relentlessly authentic and love sharing my whole truth with the world. As a professional speaker, I regularly present to Fortune 100/500 companies, hyper-growth startups, and universities on professional development, personal branding, and mental health in the workplace.
I am an introvert.
While I frequently appear on TV, radio, and podcasts, I thrive on deep, one-to-one conversations, particularly with senior managers and executives who are stuck. Silicon Valley’s top talent hires me to coach them get unstuck, own their fabulousness, and achieve what they never imagined possible.
“What makes you fabulous?” is my favorite question.
And, “Fabulous” is my favorite word. I am an expert at coaching senior managers and executives to figure out what makes them fabulous, then helping them own it. My clients are fabulous. You are fabulous. The world deserves to experience your fabulousness.
My background is in health education and counseling.
I am passionate about behavior change and helping people slice through their limiting beliefs. I hold a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Health Education and completed graduate-level courses in counseling and multicultural human relations.
I love teaching and storytelling.
After completing a Master of Public Administration (MPA) from one of the globe’s top public policy universities, I finished a Graduate Certificate in College Teaching and Doctor of Education (EdD) in Higher Education at one of the Top 25 Most Innovative Schools. My research centered on mental health and storytelling.
I have ONE rule when it comes to working with me…
“I don’t know” is not an acceptable answer.
When not helping Silicon Valley’s top talent find jobs they LOVE, you’ll find me at Starbucks or Disneyland.
I have been drinking Starbucks daily since sixth grade (yep!) and am a Disneyland Magic Key Holder. Splash Mountain is my favorite ride.
I loved working with Kyle!
He empowered me to continue pursuing my goals… Because of his help, I got my dream job at my dream company! His support was beyond what I expected and for that, I will be forever thankful to him.”
—Maria Liliana Barrios Fernandez
Anyone can say they are a coach, particularly in the digital age. My advanced education demonstrates my commitment to helping clients find jobs they love using the latest, research-backed best practices.
- Doctor of Education (EdD) in Higher Education, University of North Dakota
- Graduate Certificate in College Teaching, University of North Dakota
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) in Nonprofit Management & Philanthropy, University of Washington
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Health Education, Minor in Counseling, San Francisco State University
Advanced Training & Certification
Beyond having spoken with recruiters and hiring managers at nearly every Fortune 100/500 company, I possess a true love for continuing education and professional development. I offer a combination of advanced training and certification you will not find in other coaches.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES), National Commission for Health Education Credentialing
- Strong Interest Inventory® Certified, The Myers-Briggs Company
- MBTI® Practitioner, The Myers-Briggs Company
- Successful Strengths Coaching, Gallup®
- Living Proof Advocacy-Certified Coach, Living Proof Advocacy
- Level 1 – Explorer Certification, Points of You®
- Level 2 – Practitioner Certification (in progress), Points of You®
Memberships & Affiliations
I am deeply committed to the art of coaching (and Disneyland, of course).
- Official Member, the invitation-only Forbes Coaches Council
- Founding Member, TroopHR
- Expert Blogger and Member, Career Directors International
- Member, Gay Coaches Alliance
- Member, National Resume Writers’ Association (NRWA)
- Member, Hacking HR
- Verified Vendor, Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Associate, Career Thought Leaders (CTL)
- Stability Leader, The Stability Network
- Legacy Passholder, Disneyland
- Magic Key Holder, Disneyland
Recent Honors & Awards
I am an award-winning tech career coach, interview coach, and job search expert. The following are a highlight of the many awards I have received for my work and industry thought leadership.
I highly recommend choosing Kyle to help you transition to your next career.
Kyle has the ability to listen and to ask the right questions to help you see your actual potential and then he helps you reach your goals. While I hope to not need to find another job soon, if I ever need to make a career change again, Kyle will be the first person I call! Thank you Kyle!”